We’re big fans of honey bees at milk + honey. Case in point: to bring awareness to the decline in the honey bee population and do our part to help save them, we created an urban apiary called BEES by milk + honey in 2015. Today, we have more than a dozen thriving hives in Austin, TX, all of which utilize organic, sustainable beekeeping practices.
In honor of National Honey Bee Appreciation Day, we’re sharing the top 10 reasons honey is good for you.
10 Reasons Why Honey is Good For You
- Antioxidant-rich. Honey contains phenols, enzymes, flavonoids, and organic acids — all of which play a crucial role in honey’s laundry list of health-positive benefits.
- Reduces the risk of heart-related ailments. Thanks to its antioxidant-rich properties, honey reduces the risk of heart disease, heart attacks, and strokes. But that’s not all! It also works overtime to regulate blood sugar levels and promote eye health. A better question might be: is there anything honey can’t do?
- Improves cholesterol levels. In addition to honey’s happy-heart ways, it also has been proven to lower LDL cholesterol and blood triglycerides. Win-win.
- Acts as a natural cough suppressant. For children one year and older, honey is a great alternative to traditional cough medicine. It acts as a natural and safe cough suppressant that is as effective as a single dose of dextromethorphan.
- Moisturizing and nourishing. You can use honey in your homemade face scrubs and washes. It emulsifies easily with water (surprisingly, no stickiness!) and can help to moisturize and further nourish dry skin.
- Reduces allergies. Not only is honey anti-inflammatory, it also contains small amounts of pollen, which can actually help your immune system stave off local allergies.
- Promotes burn and wound healing. Honey is packed with antibacterial and antifungal properties. When it comes to applying a natural salve to minor wounds, cuts, and burns, honey is your go-to.
- Consider it “brain food.” Honey can naturally assist the brain to prevent metabolic stress, which in turn, helps one to achieve truly restful sleep. And you know what happens after a good night’s sleep? Our cognitive and memory enhancement is on point.
- Helps with an itchy scalp and dandruff. When diffused with water and applied to an itchy, dry scalp, honey’s natural humectant properties help to heal and moisturize.
- Increases athletic performance. Honey maintains glycogen levels and improves recovery time post-workout. In a nutshell? Athletes shouldn’t skip a daily spoonful of honey!
Thanks for your articles and ever helpful information. From this I really came to know that pure honey is actually very beneficial for health. Let me tell you about the Yemeni Sidr honey online at which is just awesome. I think this is one of the best honey brands online.
I had read about the benefits of honey before, which was helpful. But you are more complete. Thank you for your post….
Thanks for sharing. Have a great article.Amazing
Excellent. 10 Reasons Why Honey is Good For You are useful and effective. Thank you for sharing this article. God bless you!!
Great content!! So much informative content you produce high quality of content which is good for those people can possible visit you site. It same like Haarlem Oil or Black Cumin Seed Oil made by french people in France. I love the journey of my research from this website. Hope you do more blog post here about health. Thank you and God bless!!!
Thank you for sharing this information with us, Buy Best Quality Dry Fruits, and Pure Honey Online at best prices in India. Shop for the Superior quality Honey. Visit them at https://www.kashmirbox.com/collections/indulgence-jams-honey-pickles
really you provide very use full information about honey & its health benefits for human life, honey is very effective for digest system ,and protect from various diseases, best provided Sider Honey with pure quality visit https://altaiba.com/product/sidr-honey-250g/
Awesome article! I enjoyed reading this, very beautiful and clear images and I got a lot of information, and you wrote this blog very well. Thank you for sharing. Please check this website once http://www.kashmirbox.com
Thank you for highlighting the fact that honey contains a lot of antioxidants. I’d like to add some antioxidants to my diet, so I’m thinking about buying some high-quality honey to sweeten my tea in the morning. I’m going to search for a good business that can sell me some high-quality honey.
Great content!! So much informative content you produce high quality of content which is good for those people can possibly visit your site. It same as Haarlem Oil and Haarlem Oil for Horses (www.horses-haarlem-oil.com/product-category/shop) made by French people in France. I love the journey of my research from this website. Hope you do more blog post here about health. Thank you and God bless!
I agree with your 10 points for honey. I also search on the internet but in this blog post explain true benefits and I like your blog post. Thank You!
Thank you for sharing it helps me a lot. Now, I have experience on Genuine Haarlem Oil who helps to recover the pains of my mother. Very effective food supplements it can help also to boost your immune system. btw. I love your article you shared on us.
Thank you for sharing this amazing topics…Honey is my all time favourite because of its amazing health benefits. I too had written a blog on honey and that is Benefits of honey on skin.
Thanks for this nice post. This site is really providing great information…. Loved it too much!!!
At Kashmirstuff, we’ve made the commitment to be honest and upfront in our dealings and to provide the greatest quality handcrafted products available. Anyone trying to buy Kashmiri handicrafts online has a difficult time finding a reliable brand. If you’re looking for authenticity, trustworthiness, and affordable prices before buying online, KashmirStuff is the spot to go.
Great article! Thanks you for sharing this information regarding the post of honey and even looking forward to the latest one. For further information you can visit apisindia.com.
Good content you are having on this page loved to be a member of this page keep up the good work guyz, you are doing a great job for awareness.
We have a ready stock of Etumax royal honey VIP for him available . You can contact us for order.https://royalhoneysupplier.com
Thank You for giving this valuable information. For info visit https://www.kashmirbox.com/collections/indulgence-jams-honey-pickles
We are a distributing store of Malaysian and Turkish Honey products
We have a ready stock of Leopard Miracle Honey,Royal Honey,Wonderful Honey,Black Horse Honey,VIP Vital ,HoneyBio Herbs and Etumax Royal Honey .
Nice Blog. Thanks for Sharing
super theme i see here and nice write up .. https://mattexpresspharma.com/
Keep up to this. super theme i see here and nice write up .. https://mattexpresspharma.com/
Aphrodisiac Royal Honey both Men and Women at Royal Honey Turkey.Website 💻 # Royalhoneysupplier.com
Nice article I also read about it
To know more natural honey benefits for health check out this article.
Very well said! Thank you for sharing this detailed article about honey. Indeed, honeys have a lot of benefits, especially to our health. That’s why I really love having one in my home. I also find a brand that sells the best creamed honey, you can check their website at https://wendellestate.ca/ to know more about them. You’ll surely won’t regret it!
Royal Honey supplier
I found it very useful you can also get some information from https://sbeautyhealthstation.com/health-benefits-of-honey/
We specialize in the supply of the best quality, powders, pills and injectables at relatively cheaper prices. acheter dilaudid en ligne
Royal Honey supplier
Great article! In my personal opinion, I believe that daily consumption of bee pollen, especially on cold days, offers a myriad of benefits. Not only does it boost the immune system and provide a natural source of energy, but it also aids in combating the effects of seasonal allergies and promotes overall well-being, making it an invaluable addition to one’s daily routine.
My choice is always natural bee pollen that I buy from here: https://www.evelynfaye.com.au/collections/honey-bee-pollen