Say goodbye to blow drying your hair! AQUIS towels and turbans will not only cut your dry time in half, but will also add shine, reduce frizz, and prevent breakage. The proof is in the numbers.
It’s Diano from the River Oaks salon — and here we are in the first beautiful days of summer. As we dive into the heat and humidity, I want to share my take on some of the most popular hairstyles of the season. But before I do, I should give you some context for how I approach these styles.
- These “takes” can change based on my clients’ needs, expectations, and desires.
- I want to create something for you that you love.
- Together, we’re going to create a stylish, fashionable, fun, and easy hairstyle.
The Five Most Popular Summer Hairstyles
1. Pixie Cut
Photo credit: Gage Skidmore
What Makes the Pixie Cut Great?
It’s lightweight, low-maintenance, and offers you more freedom. You’ll use considerably fewer haircare products and save on time in the mornings, making it a true wash-and-go style. It’s great for a power look and allows you to play with different color trends. If you’re looking to stand out, the pixie cut helps to accentuate facial features.
Take Into Consideration…
You may be seeing your stylist more often for quick trims and touch-ups — and you may need to wash your hair more often due to the higher concentration of natural oils.
Photo credit: David Shankbone
Why Should I Get Bangs This Summer?
Yes, bangs are a commitment game-changer, but there are so many styles to choose. From blunt (bold!) to sweeping (face-framing and romantic!) to the fringe (softer! choppier!), bangs can be the main focus of your look. They shape and enhance the eyes, and for those looking to cover your forehead, this is a simple solution.
Take Into Consideration…
Unless you plan on growing them out, bangs need touch-ups frequently. Contrary to popular frustration with “in-between” bangs, if you are growing them out, I can create fun ways to maintain them easily.
Summer is all about easy, effortless beachy waves. What better way to achieve those waves than with the light and flexible Bedroom.Hair hairspray ($29) from Kevin.Murphy. This finishing spray helps lock in moisture to your curls and waves, giving you long-lasting hold without weighing your hair down.
5 Reasons We Love Bedroom.Hair:
- Adds shines and hold to your hair for that perfect “lived-in” look.
- Locks in your curls and waves shape, allowing you to wear your natural hair texture even longer.
- Contains sunflower seed and ginger root extract which conditions, protects, and strengthens your hair.
- Offers all-day flexible hold.
- Leaves your hair feeling soft and touchable.
Interested in trying Bedroom.Hair by Kevin.Murphy? You’ll find this product at all five SALON by milk + honey locations.