As the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to impact our communities nationwide and abroad, our hearts and healing thoughts go out to those who have already been affected. We understand that this issue is cause for concern and caution, and we are monitoring the situation closely via the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization.
Rest assured that as this situation develops, we will continue to make decisions based on the health and well-being of our clients, employees, and community at large. Today, we want to share what we’re doing in all of our locations to ensure your safety.
We have always exceeded the strict sanitation guidelines set forth by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation, and will continue to implement these preventative actions to limit potential exposure to viruses or unwanted bacteria.
What We Have Always Done
- The daily cleaning and sanitization of our spaces and tools. Multi-use implements (hair clippers, hair scissors, hair combs, nail clippers, tweezers) are washed, sanitized, and sterilized in a UV sterilizer after every client.
- Single-use items (gloves, tissues, orangewood sticks, cotton balls, thread, extension pads, nail buffer blocks, and gauze) are disposed of after each service.
- Chlorine-bleach solution is used in every laundry wash.
- Employees are required to wash their hands after using the restroom, after eating, and before and after each service.
Additional Measures We’re Taking
- EPA-registered disinfectant is used to wipe down frequently-touched objects, such as door handles, phones, computers, counters, and other high-traffic areas.
- Ethyl-alcohol hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol is available throughout the space for both staff and client use.
- We encourage our team to stay home if they, or a loved one, feel sick as it is of the utmost importance to us that we all exercise caution. We offer paid time off and subsidized medical benefits so that our employees feel supported and cared for.
- We encourage clients to stay home if they feel sick. We are happy to reschedule appointments, especially as we all continue to exercise caution.
Our spa and salon locations, as well as milkandhoney.com, will remain open and we will continue to ensure a safe, exceptional experience for all of our clients and employees. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with questions or concerns.