Achieve a soft, glowing complexion with the new Vitamin C Probiotic Polish ($108) from OSEA. This gentle exfoliant brightens your skin and reduces the appearance of hyperpigmentation. Here are the five key ingredients:
- Pomegranate Extract removes surface build up, reduces the appearance of blemishes, and protects against environmental aggressors like pollution.
- Ground Bamboo and Rice powder extracts gently exfoliate dull, dry skin.
- Vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant, helps brighten and even out skin tone.
- Plant-derived probiotics help smooth out the skin’s texture and reduce the appearance of blemishes and redness.
How Do I Use This Product?
The Vitamin C Probiotic Polish is gentle enough for most skin types with the exception of super-sensitive skin. Those with sensitive skin should mix this product with OSEA Ocean Cleansing Milk for a more gentle formulation.
How to use: First, dispense 3/4 tablespoon of powder into your hand and add in a couple drops of water. Rub the powder-and-water mixture into your hands until the consistency changes from a powder to a creamy paste. Once it’s in paste form, apply it to your face in a circular motion. Make sure to avoid contact with your eyes. Next, massage the paste into your skin for a minute; then rinse with warm water. For best results, use it at night, two to three times a week.
OSEA Vitamin C Probiotic Polish is available at our 2nd Street District, Hill Country Galleria, South Lamar, and River Oaks locations.
From rising temperatures to prolonged exposure to the sun, summer can throw your beauty routine out of whack. Now’s the perfect time to go through your beauty bag and toss out those traditional summertime staples in favor of these 11 clean-beauty alternatives.
As most of us know, traveling, especially long-distance travel, inspires a mélange of feelings — ones that can range from pure exhilaration and enlightenment to frustration, impatience, and boredom. Where the latter is concerned, we wish we had the ability to instantly transport ourselves to our final destination. But until the technology to zap ourselves elsewhere is developed (ha), here are a few of my tried-and-true tips for staying sane, happy, and ready for adventure.
- Give yourself the spa treatment in the air. Let’s just say that “plane air” isn’t the most pleasant for your skin, but there are certainly ways to minimize the effects of it while you’re en route to point B. Here are some of my go-to tips: Drink lots of water to keep yourself hydrated (this should go without saying). Refresh yourself with a gentle toner or mist, like Cosmedix Mystic. If you do feel a spot of plane-induced acne cropping up, apply OSEA Essential Corrective Complex directly to the area and try your hardest not to touch your face!
- Meditate. Download the Headspace app stat and put those meditation exercises to good use after takeoff. You’d be surprised how calming, effective, and time-consuming (in the best sense possible) airplane meditation can be. If you’re particularly stressed about the act of flying, this should help immensely.
- Stretch and move yo’ body — within reason. I’m not advocating for a full-on yoga sesh on the plane, nor would the flight attendants enjoy that little party trick. Instead, when the seatbelt sign is “off,” get out of your seat, take a quick stretch in the aisle (barring the food cart, etc.) and shake out those limbs. If you’re already heading to the restroom, may I suggest a “figure four” stretch in the back of the plane? This same strategy can be used in other modes of transportation: train aisle works, pull over to the nearest rest stop if you’re driving, and if you’re on a boat, well, now’s the time to find those sea legs! It will feel divine and I promise it will reset your mood for the next couple of hours.
- Fill the time with simple pleasures. Whether traveling by plane, train, car, or boat, I find the things that keep me most sane happen to be the things that keep me sane all the time. For me, this means making a new (sometimes, themed) playlist on Spotify for the journey ahead, grabbing a book to read, making sure I have a crossword or two on me, and because I am constantly hungry and don’t want to rely on plane food/gas station fare/etc., I pack delicious snacks to reward myself with. What are the things that make you happy on-the-road?
- Pack light + smart. No matter what kind of trip I’m taking, I try to limit my packing to “carry-on” size. This makes the entire experience of traveling so much easier. That said, it’s good to be smart about it. Just because I’m packing light doesn’t mean I’m denying myself items of clothing that I’ll eventually need. I’m just realistic about that stuff I will never wear/take out of the suitcase. If that tactic doesn’t seem like it’s in the cards for you, remember to pack a toothbrush and extra underwear in your purse/backpack/laptop bag, etc. at the very least.
What are your no-fail travel tips? I’d love to hear ’em!
From OSEA cleansers to masks, we love everything about this organic, clean skincare line. We launched OSEA exclusively at our 2nd Street District location, but now, it’s available at our Hill Country Galleria, South Lamar, and River Oaks locations! To celebrate, take part in this month’s promotion:
Now through March 31st…
Purchase $100 in OSEA products at our 2nd Street District, Hill Country Galleria, SALON by South Lamar, and River Oaks locations, and choose a complimentary Advanced Protection Cream, White Algae Mask, or Red Algae Mask.
There’s a slight chill in the air, red and green ornaments aplumb, and twinkly light-strewn streets — all signs that the holidays are here! As the holiday gifting extravaganza begins, we’re kicking off the season with our annual milk + honey gift guide. Here, you’ll find the perfect present for her, him, your parents, under $150, and even luxurious presents for yourself!
Pens, notebooks, schedules, even the perfect first day of school outfit — you probably think you’re all set for classes. Well, we’ve got you covered on the beauty essentials front. To help you look and feel your best as the new school year approaches, we’ve rounded up our must-have products aka everything you need. From haircuts to teeth-whitening pens, treat this guide like your beauty syllabus.
Ocean, sun, earth, and atmosphere. They’re not only the four elements of nature — they’re also the principles behind vegan skincare line, OSEA. Inspired and sourced from the ocean, these products are new to the milk + honey family and are available at our 2nd Street District, Hill Country Galleria, River Oaks, and South Lamar locations, as well as online.